Palm Springs Wrongful Death Attorney
Have You Lost a Loved One in an Accident?
The death of a family member at any time can be a difficult and shocking loss for those left behind. When such a death should never have happened in the first place and was caused by the negligence or wrongdoing of another party, it can be even more devastating. Such a situation is called a wrongful death and the party responsible for it may be held liable for damages to surviving family members.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death in California?
The statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit is 2 years in California. Family members of deceased loved ones must initiate the claim within this time period. That is why there is a crucial need to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death while preserving vital evidence it is vital that you consult with him at your earliest opportunity in order to ensure that your legal rights are protected. If you have lost a family member because of a wrongful death in Palm Springs or any of the communities in the Coachella Valley, contact attorney Barry Regar today to discuss the details of your personal injury case.
Read About Our Previous Wrongful Death Case Victories
Here at the firm, we have extensive experience handling a broad variety of wrongful death cases. Due to the fact that we have already recovered $79 million in verdicts and settlements over the years, you can rest assured that we have proven results both inside and outside the courtroom.
Some of our previous wrongful death cases include:
- $1.2 Million settlement- A 53-year-old father was killed in a car accident when another driver in a pick-up truck was traveling on the wrong side of the freeway. His two adult sons filed the lawsuit on his behalf.
- $213,000 settlement- A 65-year-old woman was killed leaving behind her husband and daughter. She had undergone cosmetic surgery and the doctors gave her the incorrect dose of Demerol, leading to her death.
- $200,000 settlement- A 77-year-old woman was killed leaving behind her husband and two adult male sons. She suffered serious complications that led to her death.
To read more about our wrongful death verdicts and settlements, visit the case results page.
Seek Justice & Restitution for Your Loss
In wrongful death cases, the jury will consider the amount of damages you may recover based on:
- Loss of income provided by the deceased
- Vital services that he or she provided
- Medical expenses incurred before death
- Funeral expenses
- Any loss of the care, comfort, society, and affection of the decedent
Of course, wrongful death cases often can be settled out of court either before or after the lawsuit is filed. What you will recover will be based on the specific facts of the case.
Though nothing can bring back the person you have lost, seeking justice through a wrongful death claim may bring closure to family members in such cases. Talk to our Palm Springs wrongful death lawyer about your situation to get the experienced legal help you need and deserve.