How to Wear Your Seatbelt While Pregnant
Wearing a seatbelt is one of the most important things you can do to save your life. Not only is this important for everyone who steps foot into a car, it is particularly important for pregnant women, as they face unique risks in the event of an accident. Wearing a seat belt is a life-saving decision, and it is important you don’t take a major risk and place your unborn child in a hazardous situation. While some pregnant women feel it is a better decision to not wear a seatbelt for fear of crushing or suffocating their child if jolted forward, refusing to wear one is possibly one of the worst choices you can make.
Consider the following tips for wearing a seatbelt while pregnant:
- Always wear a seat belt, even if you are in the back seat
- Life your belly up and make sure the lap belt sits flatly on top of your thighs
- Pull your shoulder belt up to make sure it is snug
- Make sure the shoulder belt lays between your breasts
- Tilt your steering wheel as upwards as possible
- Keep your vehicle seat as upright as possible, as reclining increases the chance of your lap belt pushing down on your uterus, possibly harming your fetus or unborn child
- Make sure you sit as far as possible from your airbag
Contact Our Palm Springs Injury Lawyers Today
At Barry Regar APLC, our Palm Springs injury lawyers know just how debilitating it can be to suffer an injury in a car accident, especially if you or your passenger is a pregnant woman. If you have suffered from serious injuries as a result of a car accident which occurred at the hands of another’s negligence, our experienced, compassionate, and dedicated Palm Springs injury lawyers will fight for your rights until the very end.
Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling us at (760) 440-5643.