Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Coachella Valley
Steadfast Representation in Dire Times
Barry Regar APLC is proud to stand by the people of Coachella Valley after they have been catastrophically injured. We know that you will be going through one of the most – if not the most – devastating times of your life. It is our goal to provide you impressive legal counsel backed with genuine moral support that helps you feel confident in what lies ahead.
You can get a free consultationwith our Coachella Valley catastrophic injury attorney by dialing (760) 440-5643.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury can be defined in several ways, depending on the medical or legal text you reference. However, the base of each definition is that an injury is catastrophic if it causes a life-threatening situation, an immediate disability, or a lasting debilitation. In other words, if an injury requires emergency medical attention and could cause long-lasting symptoms even after the victim reaches their maximum medical improvement (MMI), then the injury is catastrophic.
A few examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): The slightest damage to the brain can cause a lifetime of suffering and complications. The brain does not heal quickly enough to repair damage, which usually worsens as time goes by. If you have been diagnosed with a brain injury, then you need to consider how to get compensation from the party that caused it, such as another driver in a car accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord located within the spine is also a highly sensitive and vulnerable body part. If it is severed or torn, then it can result in immediate and permanent paralysis. The higher up the damage on the spinal cord, the more of the body will be paralyzed.
- Hearing or vision loss: Losing your hearing or vision after using these senses all your life can be absolutely devastating. Even minor or periodic hearing or vision loss can make you experience extreme difficulties in your day-to-day life. There could be ways to correct your sensory losses depending on their severity, though.
- Amputation: When a digit, hand, foot, or limb is severed, it is called an amputation injury. In many cases, amputation is necessary to medically treat a patient who has been severely injured in other ways.
- Permanent disfigurement: Some catastrophic injuries do not cause physical debilitations but cause mental and emotional debilitations instead. Living with permanent disfigurement and scarring can bring about mental health difficulties, like anxiety and depression.
Extensive Costs of Catastrophic Injuries
On average, catastrophic injuries cause extreme financial burdens for the victims and their families. Unlike other injuries that heal within months or years, catastrophic injuries can require constant care and attention. The end result is often that the cost to treat a catastrophic injury is never done accruing.
Our Coachella catastrophic injury lawyer has extensive experience working on difficult and high-stakes injury claims. By working with medical experts, our team can calculate how much your treatment your catastrophic injury will require now and in the far future, adding all of those costs to the damages you pursue from the defendant.
Your lost wages will also be a major factor in a catastrophic injury claim. You could miss out on thousands upon thousands of dollars’ worth of wages you could not earn due to being unable to work. Again, this is damage that our team can factor into your lawsuit.
For Legal Help in Coachella Valley, Call (760) 440-5643
No matter the extent or type of your catastrophic injury, our law firm can help you with a subsequent personal injury claim. You deserve every last penny of compensation. Insurance companies will not want to provide a single one, though. With us by your side and leading the way, you can confidently demand full compensation for your injuries.
Please contact usat your first opportunity to learn more about our services.
Page: Pedestrian Accidents
Parent: Coachella Valley
Coachella Valley Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Hit by a motorist while walking? Come to Barry Regar APLC and speak with our Coachella Valley pedestrian accident lawyer about what happened.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Coachella Valley
Holding Negligent Motorists Accountable
Were you walking along the streets of Coachella Valley when a negligent motorist struck you? You deserve to be compensated fully for your injuries and losses. Yet you can be confident that the insurance company representing that driver will say otherwise.
To work with a Coachella Valley pedestrian accident attorney who will fight for your case as if it were their own, choose Barry Regar APLC. We are a legal team that was founded on the simple idea that people deserve strong representation in the face of stubborn, uncaring insurance company opposition. We focus on cases involving catastrophic pedestrian injuries, such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and brain damage.
Talk to our team today. Please dial (760) 440-5643 when you can.
What Causes Your Pedestrian Accident?
We need to know for certain what caused your pedestrian accident. You might know it was a negligent driver, but the responding insurance company will try to doubt your every word. If the case goes to court, then any gaps in the proof of liability could be devastating to your case.
Our legal team works diligently to uncover evidence of liability in a pedestrian accident case. In many situations, a pedestrian is not to blame at all for the crash. Proving that your liability should be kept at a minimum is an uphill task. Although, it is not a challenge that deters us.
There are a few common ways that a driver can cause a pedestrian accident:
- Drunk driving
We can look high and low for evidence that boosts your case’s credibility. Perhaps the driver that hit you has a long record of driving citations or a DUI arrest? Maybe they admitted to their insurance company that they were ending a long shift at work when they crashed, which would imply exhaustion? If there is proof of liability out there, then we will strive to find and use it to your advantage.
What Sort of Compensation Can You Demand?
As a pedestrian hit by a motorist, you might have suffered catastrophic injuries. With nothing to protect you from the force of the vehicle, you could be severely injured even in a low-speed collision. Many pedestrian accidents happen in parking lots, for example, yet the injured party still suffers serious injuries.
Treating severe injuries requires extensive hospitalization, surgeries, and rehabilitative care. All of these treatments can get expensive – and quite quickly.
Damages you could pursue in your pedestrian accident claim include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
Begin Your Case with Us by Your Side
Seeking justice as an injured pedestrian can be intimidating. The driver who hit you and their insurance provider will try to deter you or even blame you. Do not give up on yourself and your rights.
Come to Barry Regar APLC in Coachella Valley to work with a catastrophic injury lawyer ready to take on any legal challenge in your name. Our experience empowers us to take on the opposition that you would not want to deal with on your own.
Call (760) 440-5643 to schedule your free consultation.
Page: Truck Accidents
Parent: Coachella Valley
Coachella Valley Truck Accident Lawyer | Barry Regar APLC
Barry Regar APLC is here to help after a truck accident leaves you seriously injured. Call our Coachella Valley truck accident attorney now.
Coachella Valley Truck Accident Attorney
We Fight Trucking Companies for You
Commercial trucks pose constant threats of devastating accidents for other motorists on the road. Trucking companies must buy sizeable insurance policies to cover their fleets, and individual truckers also have high insurance minimums. However, you should not think that a trucker, trucking company, or an insurance company would want to help you for a second after you have been hurt in a trucking accident. They would like to pin liability on you and walk away if they could.
Barry Regar APLC and our Coachella Valley truck accident lawyer is here to hold trucking companies and other liable parties accountable for your injuries. We bring extensive experience to every truck accident case we handle, giving our clients an advantage that they never knew they would need.
Want us to represent your truck accident claim? Contact our firmnow.
Common Causes of Serious Truck Accidents
Some of the worst truck accidents are caused entirely by the negligence or mistakes of the truck driver. In other cases, an unexpected third-party contributes to the crash. It will be our job as your chosen Coachella Valley truck accident law firm to figure out liability in your case and remove as much of it as we can from you.
California’s comparative negligence rules cause the amount of compensation you can receive to be reduced by a percentage equal to your own liability. For example, if you need $100,000 to recover from your injuries and you are found to be 20% liable for your truck accident, then you would only receive $80,000 at most. Pinpointing liability on the right party should help drop your liability, hopefully down to 0%.
What are some of the most common causes of truck accidents, though?
- Truck driver fatigue: Did you know that the average truck driver can be scheduled up to 14 hours in a single workday and 70 hours in a workweek? The extremely long shifts naturally cause a trucker to become exhausted while behind the wheel. Although the numbers are difficult to track, it is believed that a significant percentage of truck accidents are caused at least in part by trucker exhaustion.
- Inadequate truck maintenance: Large commercial trucks require maintenance and repairs more often than the average vehicle. Yet some trucking companies allow maintenance on their fleet to slip and go uncompleted for months at a time. The result can be a devastating truck accident that should have been prevented had a mechanic been able to see and work on the truck as required.
- Misloaded cargo: The freight loaded onto or into a commercial truck can cause an accident in certain situations. For example, a trailer that is top-heavy can tip over when the truck turns a corner or even when the wind catches the side of the trailer like a sail. Or loose cargo can fall off a truck and onto the road due to incorrectly fastened securements. Load crews that put cargo onto a truck need to pay attention to how it is being done.
- Poor hiring practices: Trucking companies also have a responsibility to only hire truckers who are fit to do the job. Inexperienced truckers should be provided extensive training before they are allowed to complete routes on their own. When a trucking company does allow an inexperienced or unqualified trucker to drive for them and a truck accident happens, the company could be partially liable for any damages.
Maximum Compensation Pursued by Honest Legal Professionals
You might require extensive compensation after a serious truck accident leaves you badly injured. When you hire our Coachella Valley truck accident attorney, we will work diligently to secure every bit of compensation possible. From lost wages and vehicle repair to medical bills and emotional trauma, we consider all your damages and calculate them carefully. All the while, you can rest and focus on yourself and your family while we build and progress your claim.
Dial (760) 440-5643 today to start your trucking accident case!