Police Officer Car Accidents

On August 16, 2011 News Channel 3 reported that a California Highway patrol officer was taken to a local Coachella Valley Hospital following a collision with a semi truck in Mecca. According to the article the officer was attempting to cross Highway 111, south of Johnson Street in Mecca around noon. The article stated that the CHP will investigate the facts of the accident to determine who may have been the cause of the accident. I suspect that the reporting may have been in error because usually a law enforcement agency other than the agency of the officer involved in the accident investigates the circumstances to asses blame for the accident. Can the State of California be sued for the negligent driving actions of a CHP officer which causes personal injuries to another automobile, truck, or motorcycle driver? The answer is yes. However, prior to filing a lawsuit against the State of California, the accident victim must first file a government claim with the State. The Claims filing procedure requires knowledge of California law setting forth the process that must be followed before a lawsuit can be filed and viable against the State. Call the Palm Springs Motorcycle Accident Attorney or the Coachella Valley Truck Accident Lawyer at Barry Regar A Professional Law Corporation for help with claims against any governmental agency for personal injuries caused by an employee of the agency.

Put a Proven Personal Injury Advocate on Your Side

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Request a Free Case Evaluation